Welcome to our recipe page. The recipes on this page can be found as a regular item on our menu or specials during the month or year. Videos courtesy of The Rhode Show (Fox Providence).
Spanikopita - Our Best Selling Appetizer
We're cooking Spanikopita with Chef Christine Kitsilis of Angelo's Palace Pizza.
Fresh baby spinach
Feta with a blend of cheeses
Salt & Pepper
- Mix all ingredients except butter and Phyllo dough
- Lay out two sheets of Phyllo and butter them
- Cut Phyllo into thirds vertically
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture on Phyllo dough
- Then fold them into triangular shape
- Then place on baking sheet pan
- Butter the top before baking
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees
Greek Chicken Souvlaki - Great Healthy Option
We're cooking Greek Chicken Souvlaki over rice pilaf with a side of Tzatziki-Cucumber Dipping Sauce with Angelo's Palace Pizza.
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of fresh thyme
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- In a large shallow baking dish, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Thread the chicken, onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers.
- Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Tzatziki - Cucumber Yogurt Dip
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 cup Greek yogurt, strained
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the cucumber. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Baklava - Popular Greek Dessert
We're cooking Baklava, a popular Greek Easter dessert in the kitchen with Angelo's Palace Pizza.
List of Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 lb of Unsalted Butter
10 cups of coarsely chopped walnuts and almonds
2 lbs of phyllo dough
4 table spoons of sugar
1 table spoon of cinnamon
4 Cups of Sugar
4 Cups of Water
1/2 a lemon peel
1 Cinnamon Stick
Yield about 30 pieces
Step 1: Prepare Syrup: In a large sauce pan combine all Syrup ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes uncovered. Let cool.
Step 2: Pre Heat Oven to 400 Degrees.
Step 3: Lightly butter 15 x 18 x 3 baking pan.
Step 4: Take a bowl and combine walnuts, cinnamon and sugar (the "Nut Mixture")
Step 5: Layer Six Phyllo sheets on bottom of prepared baking pan one at a time, brushing each one generously with butter. Sprinkle 1/3rd of the Nut Mixture over the 6th phyllo sheet and spread it evenly.
Step 6: Then Layer 4 Phyllo sheets over the 1/3rd Nut Mixture, buttering each generously. Spread another 1/3rd on top of this layer.
Step 7: Layer 4 more Phyllo sheets over the pan and top with the remaining nut mixture.
Step 8: Top the pan with the remaining Phyllo sheets, each brushed generously with butter.
Step 9: Score into diamond shapes.
Step 10: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce that to 325 degrees, and bake for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours or until Baklava is golden brown.
Step 11: Remove from oven, wait one minute, then pour syrup evenly over baklava. Let stand for at least 2 hours before serving.
Buffalo Chicken Calzone
We're in the kitchen cooking up some Buffalo Chicken Calzones with Angelo's Palace Pizza.
One large 16 inch fresh dough shell
6 oz buffalo wing sauce
2 cups chopped grilled chicken breast
- Mix chicken and wing sauce together and place on one side of pizza shell.
- Add 2 cups of mozzarella pizza cheese to the top of the chicken and sauce.
- And then fold over the pizza shell. Top with mozzarella pizza cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes at about 500 degrees.
- Slice and serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.
The following recipes are specials or seasonal items.
Greek Stuffed Peppers
We're cooking Greek Stuffed Peppers in the kitchen with Chef Christine Kitsilis from Angelo’s Palace Pizza of Cumberland.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place beef and onions in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until beef is evenly browned.
- Drain grease, and mix in wine and tomato puree. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet mixture to a large bowl, and mix in feta cheese or cheddar cheese, cooked rice, garlic,, and parsley. Stuff peppers with the mixture, and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and continue baking 10 minutes, until stuffing is lightly browned. May be served hot or cold.
Moussaka: Traditional Greek Casserole
We're cooking a traditional Greek layered casserole called Moussaka in the kitchen with Angelo's Palace Pizza.
2 lbs ground beef or ground lamb (your choice)
3 Medium Sized Eggplants (peeled and sliced)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Onion chopped
1 Italian Pepper Quartered
1 table spoon salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup Romano cheese
1 cup water
4 medium sliced potatoes
4 whole cloves
4 whole allspice
2 bay leaves
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
3 table spoons of flour
Prep and Cooking Instructions for Eggplant:
- Spray cooking sheet with non-stick pan coating
- Take sliced eggplant and place evenly on baking sheet
- Drizzle eggplant with olive oil and salt,
- Bake at 350 degrees until half cooked (about 10 minutes)
Cooking Instructions for Ground Beef Mixture:
- Heat olive oil on medium
- Add Onion, sauté for 5 minutes
- Add ground beef and cook until browned
- Add wine, and the remaining ingredients with the exception of the potatoes and Béchamel Sauce
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove the whole spices and the Italian pepper before simmering
(while Ground Beef Mixture is simmering prepare Béchamel Sauce)
Cooking Instructions for Béchamel Sauce (yield 2 cups):
- Bring 2 cups of Milk to a boil
- Remove from heat
- In a separate pan Melt Butter, add flour and cook while stirring, until flour and butter are well blended
- Then Add Hot Milk from above, stirring continuously and season with salt until thick
(For a richer sauce beat 2 egg yolks in small bowl and whisk some of the hot Béchamel Sauce with the eggs, and then add to remaining Béchamel Sauce)
Assembly of Moussaka and Baking Instructions:
- Spray bottom of 9 x 13" baking pan with a non-stick pan coating
- Layer potatoes on bottom of baking pan
- Then add a layer of cooked sliced eggplant
- Add Ground beef Mixture
- Sprinkle Romano Cheese over Ground Beef Mixture
- Add an other layer of Eggplant
- Top with Béchamel Sauce
- Sprinkle Romano Cheese
We're baking Kourambiedes (traditional Greek cookie; made for weddings and holidays) with Angelo's Palace Pizza.
1 pound of sweet butter
2 egg yokes
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of flour
2 cups of cake flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 of a cup of confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda (dissolve in a shot glass on congac)
Steps of Cooking:
1. Beat butter well.
2. Add egg yokes, confectioners sugar and all other ingredients.
3. Make soft dough, but not too soft and roll into balls.
4. Pinch off small pieces of dough and shape into various designs.
5. Place onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees, for 15-20 minutes or until light brown in color.
7. Place cookies on large piece of wax paper on counter, which has been sifted with confectioners sugar.
8. Sprinkle sifted confectioners sugar on top of cookies.
9. Let cool.
Don't forget to purchase the perfect gift for them today!
Fundraise With Us!!
Organize a fundraiser at Angelo's Palace Pizza. 10% of what is spent will go back to your organization or charity of choice. Email or Call us for details!
133 Mendon Rd. Cumberland, RI 02864 | 401-728-3340 | Mon - Thur 11am-10pm | Fri & Sat 11am-12am | Sun Noon-10pm